Investment Research Internship Program
About the Company
Khaveen Investments is a Global Macro Quantamental Hedge Fund managing a tactical asset-allocated portfolio of globally diversified investments. We have interests in 100+ investments across multiple asset classes, countries, sectors and industries. Our investment approach takes both a top-down and bottom-up approach encompassing macro-economic, fundamental, quantitative, and technical analysis. We serve accredited investors throughout the globe, which include HNW individuals, SMEs, associations, and institutions.
As an innovative, forward-looking and technologically savvy company, Khaveen Investments operates in a modern work environment with flexible hours and a Work from Home (WFH) arrangement to suit your university schedules. At Khaveen Investments, we strive for excellence and continuous improvement in our work and people. We believe that a supportive culture within our team brings out the best in each other, which in turn nurtures solutions that are unique and innovative.
About the Program
We view our internship programs as an investment in the future of Khaveen Investments, and for a good reason – we recruit the best talent and retain most of our interns after they graduate. This role centers around hands-on mentorship by matching you with Portfolio Managers and experienced analysts who will mentor you as you undertake comprehensive investment research. You will build fundamental, statistical & financial analysis skills, learn advance financial modeling skills, and pitch your research and findings to the Portfolio Managers. You will get a real sense of working in a world-class institutional investment environment.
About the Position
In this role, you are expected to:
- Conduct in-depth comprehensive fundamental and financial analysis of global public-listed equities and the industries they operate in, and continuously monitor the trends & developments of companies under coverage.
- Derive the intrinsic values of investments via a variety of valuation methods and comprehensive financial modelling.
- Interpret data and analysis on economic and macro-political events in relation to their effects on investment markets.
- Prepare and present investment research reports, pitch decks and investment ideas to the portfolio managers, and be prepared to give quick and accurate views on the companies under coverage.
You should be:
- Be in your final/penultimate year of your degree in Business/ Economics/ Finance/ Accounting
- Have a passion for the investment markets with experience in investing (professionally or personally)
- Have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Be highly driven, self-motivated, well-organized and able to work independently and in a team
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Have an excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)
It would be desirable if you:
- Have experience investing/researching companies
- Have familiarity in a variety of valuation techniques (Discounted Cash Flow, Comparable Company Analysis, Dividend Discount Model, SOTP Valuation)
- Have experience writing investment reports/recommendations/opinions on investments (Please submit a soft copy of your work with your application if you do)
- Have familiarity with reading and analyzing company financial statements, and deriving a comprehensive range of financial ratios from company financials
- Have familiarity with global macro-economic trends, and monetary, fiscal, trade and tax policies
- Have familiarity with different leading, lagging and coincident economic indicators and metrics
- Have international work/study experience
- Studying at globally reputable foreign or local university