Investment Research Internship Program
About the Company
Khaveen Investments is a Global Macro Quantamental Hedge Fund managing a tactical asset-allocated portfolio of globally diversified investments. We have interests in 100+ investments across multiple asset classes, countries, sectors and industries. Our investment approach takes both a top-down and bottom-up approach encompassing macro-economic, fundamental, quantitative, and technical analysis. We serve accredited investors throughout the globe, which include HNW individuals, SMEs, associations, and institutions.
As an innovative, forward-looking and technologically savvy company, Khaveen Investments operates in a modern work environment with flexible hours and a Work from Home (WFH) arrangement to suit your university schedules. At Khaveen Investments, we strive for excellence and continuous improvement in our work and people. We believe that a supportive culture within our team brings out the best in each other, which in turn nurtures solutions that are unique and innovative.
About the Program
We view our internship programs as an investment in the future of our interns and of Khaveen Investments for good reason –we nurture talent and therefore aim to retain our best interns after they graduate. This role centers around hands-on mentorship with our Portfolio Managers and experienced Analysts who will journey with you as you undertake comprehensive investment research. You will acquire fundamental, statistical & financial analysis skills, learn advance financial modelling skills and also pitch your research and findings to the Portfolio Managers. You will get a real sense of working in a world-class institutional investment environment.
About the Position
In this role, you are expected to:
- Conduct in-depth comprehensive fundamental and financial analysis of global public-listed equities and the industries they operate in, and continuously monitor the trends & developments of companies under coverage.
- Derive the intrinsic values of investments via a variety of valuation methods and comprehensive financial modelling.
- Interpret data and analysis on economic and macro-political events in relation to their effects on investment markets.
- Prepare and present investment research reports, pitch decks and investment ideas to the portfolio managers, and be prepared to give quick and accurate views on the companies under coverage.
You should be:
- Have a passion for the investment markets with experience in investing (professionally or personally)
- Have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Be highly driven, self-motivated, well-organized and able to work independently and in a team
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Have an excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Studying in a top tier world-renowned foreign/local university
It would be desirable if you:
- Have experience investing/researching companies in the United States and/or China
- Be in your final/penultimate year of your degree in Business/Economics/Finance/Accounting
- Have knowledge in a variety of valuation techniques (Discounted Cash Flow, Comparable Company Analysis, Dividend Discount Model, SOTP Valuation)
- Have experience writing investment reports/recommendations/opinions on investments (Please submit a soft-copy of your work with your application if you do)
- Have familiarity with reading and analyzing company financial statements, and deriving a comprehensive range of financial ratios from company financials
- Have knowledge on global macro-economic trends, and monetary, fiscal, trade and tax policies
- Have an understanding of different leading, lagging and coincident economic indicators and metrics
- Have international work/study experience